Saturday, May 10, 2008

Racine Zoo

Today we went to the Racine Zoo. Now I can't think of a whole lot of places I would rather be with my camera than a zoo (a beautiful old Church would beat the zoo). I just love animals, and my whole family had a blast taking pictures of them all. My poor Mom and sister were taking pictures of the peacocks when they caught them in an intimate moment, thankfully I missed it. The Orangutans have a bad reputation for that, but even they behaved today.

I took so many pictures and narrowed it down to these (a lot still, I know). I'd normally post the pictures a little bigger, but you can click on them to see them in a larger size.

Cattle Egret

Cattle Egret

Petas Monkey

Patas Monkey

Geese



Follow Me

Ready for My Closeup

Crossing Over

Protection

All Alone

Exploring

Brothers

Goslings and Turtle

3 Amigos

Gosling

Goose and Baby

Random

Red Wing Black Bird

Penguin Team

Squirrel

Lion

Peacock

Peacock

Peacock and Goose

Peacock

Peacock

Wild Goats

Quiet

What Do You Want?

Goat on Waterfall

Pelican

Peli

Pelican Brief

Closeup

Resting

What Are You Looking At?

Pelican

Petting Zoo

Goat

Llama

Llama

Llama

Baby Goat

Gimme Food

Baby Goat

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Catholic and politically conservative, I graduated with a BA in History (concentration in American) and Political Science. I'm between two parishes; one in Wisconsin that is fairly traditional, and one in Illinois that is fairly liberal. I teach CCD. I work in the food service industry, which basically means I'm working in fast food until I find a better job. I'd like to work for the church somehow. Right now I'm working on getting my teaching certification, although I'm unsure thats the correct path for me. This blog is as random as I am. I hope you enjoy.