Saturday, May 10, 2008

Mother's Day Project

I wanted something for my CCD kids to do for Mother's Day. So I'm going to have them do these little pots for their Mom's. Almost everything is from Joanne's, the only exception being the religious stickers. I'm going to bring brown paper bags for them to decorate so they can carry them in there for their Moms on the way into the Church. I might have them color in a picture of Mary, to tie Mother's day to a more religious significance. I think its kind of cute. I opted for the fake flowers as opposed to real ones because the last thing I want to give those kids is a living thing with dirt.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Catholic and politically conservative, I graduated with a BA in History (concentration in American) and Political Science. I'm between two parishes; one in Wisconsin that is fairly traditional, and one in Illinois that is fairly liberal. I teach CCD. I work in the food service industry, which basically means I'm working in fast food until I find a better job. I'd like to work for the church somehow. Right now I'm working on getting my teaching certification, although I'm unsure thats the correct path for me. This blog is as random as I am. I hope you enjoy.