Thursday, September 07, 2006

Priest Updates

I've got updates from all the priests that I follow online, so this is the priest update.

First from Fr. Pavone of Priests for Life, this came in my email yesterday.

I also want to invite you to send a spiritual bouquet to a bishop who is a pro-life hero. Bishop John Yanta of Amarillo gave me permission to found the Missionaries of the Gospel of Life and to become its first Moderator General. Next month is his birthday, and we want to present him with a pledge of prayers, Masses, rosaries, and other sacrifices that all of us who support the pro-life cause will carry out for him. We've set up a special email, BishopYanta@priestsforlife.org, to which you can send a message of thanks and good wishes. In that message, please indicate what kind of prayers you and your family can offer for him. Without his leadership, Priests for Life could not have experienced the kind of growth and favor we have had in these recent years! We will need to have these prayer offerings by next Thursday, September 14, so that we can include them in the special presentation we are preparing for him.

Secondly, Fr. Jonathan is having an interesting conversation about 9/11, the terrorists, and our freedoms. Check it out with Understanding & Promoting Freedom — Part I and Part II

Finally Fr. Euteneuer of HLI had updates about the pro-life mission in Southeast Asia. He hasn't updated his blog with the info yet, but it is on HLI's website. Check it out.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Catholic and politically conservative, I graduated with a BA in History (concentration in American) and Political Science. I'm between two parishes; one in Wisconsin that is fairly traditional, and one in Illinois that is fairly liberal. I teach CCD. I work in the food service industry, which basically means I'm working in fast food until I find a better job. I'd like to work for the church somehow. Right now I'm working on getting my teaching certification, although I'm unsure thats the correct path for me. This blog is as random as I am. I hope you enjoy.