Sunday, March 22, 2009

The Pope's worst enemies are Catholics

The Pope's worst enemies are Catholics
Posted By: Damian Thompson at Mar 20, 2009 at 15:11:43

It's payback time for Pope Benedict XVI's most dedicated enemies, who are not militant secularists, hate-crazed Muslims, diehard Protestants or the liberal media. The people who most dislike the Pope are Catholics, or people who have the nerve to describe themselves as such.

The Pope needs to be protected from Catholics

We learned this morning that "Vatican insiders" consider Benedict XVI "a disaster". It's true. They do think that. He's a disaster for them, and their determination to turn the Catholic Church into a touchy-feely forum in which uncomfortable teachings and traditions are "modernised" to impress non-Catholics. Until the Williamson affair, the media weren't sufficiently interested in attacking Benedict XVI to be useful. But now, after that own goal... YES!!!


More

You can always sense it as its coming from a liberal or unorthodox Catholic. Bill O'Reilly is the best at doing this. "I'm Catholic but..." and then insert something contrary to Catholic teaching. I generally like Sean 'Did you know I studied Latin' Hannity but he is guilty of it too. They use their pretense of being Catholic as cover when they attack the Church, the Pope, or teachings of the Church.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"I'm Catholic, but..."

I agree with Father Corapi. We're going to hell on our butts.

About Me

My photo
Catholic and politically conservative, I graduated with a BA in History (concentration in American) and Political Science. I'm between two parishes; one in Wisconsin that is fairly traditional, and one in Illinois that is fairly liberal. I teach CCD. I work in the food service industry, which basically means I'm working in fast food until I find a better job. I'd like to work for the church somehow. Right now I'm working on getting my teaching certification, although I'm unsure thats the correct path for me. This blog is as random as I am. I hope you enjoy.