Sunday, October 26, 2008

World Priest Day

Today was World Priest Day, a day for us to thank our priests for their service to the church and all of us.

I bought a card for the CCD kids to sign for our priest. I explained how today was a very special day to thank Father. I told them to take crayons, sign their name, and if they liked to draw some pictures. I pre-approved the pictures they were going to draw just to make sure they were appropriate - they're little and I didn't want to see them drawing guns, vampires or strange things like that. It wasn't a problem though, they each came up with appropriate pictures. The first boy drew a picture of a priest, the second a cross with flowers, the third a big cross, and the girl drew multi-colored hearts all over it.

I thanked each and every one of them for the nice drawing they did, and sealed it up. Then they asked to color the envelope. They got a little zealous with their coloring, and we ended up with crosses and hearts, swaths of color, and even a few of their names on the envelope. But it was adorable and I think Father will appreciate it.

Thank you to all our priests!

Photobucket

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Catholic and politically conservative, I graduated with a BA in History (concentration in American) and Political Science. I'm between two parishes; one in Wisconsin that is fairly traditional, and one in Illinois that is fairly liberal. I teach CCD. I work in the food service industry, which basically means I'm working in fast food until I find a better job. I'd like to work for the church somehow. Right now I'm working on getting my teaching certification, although I'm unsure thats the correct path for me. This blog is as random as I am. I hope you enjoy.