Sunday, July 27, 2008

Supporting Our Troops and Robert Irvine


I love watching Food Network (I'm a regular poster and mod at Food Network Fans - shameless plug). One of my favorite shows on Food Network had been Dinner: Impossible with Chef Robert Irvine. Some months ago a scandal involving Chef Robert sprang up with allegations that he had lied on his resume. Very quickly one of my favorite shows (and a favorite of many posters on Food Network Fans) changed, Chef Robert was no longer host. He has since been replaced by the able Chef Michael Symon of Iron Chef America fame. Symon has never appealed to me as much as Chef Robert, but I'm willing to give him a shot - and I really don't have a choice in the matter anyway.

A new poster on Food Network Fans posting a link to Robert Irvine's new blog - and a post explaining that he will be making a return to TV, just not on Dinner: Impossible. A shame that it won't be Dinner: Impossible, but I am exciting to see him returning, I always enjoyed his presence on TV.

I also want to mention that I am confirming as of this entry that my return to TV with a brand new show is definitely happening. I am excited and I’m really looking forward to getting back in harness. My sincere thanks to all of you have expressed your support. Please check back for specific details!


In the same entry he had written all about visiting some of our injured men and women in uniform and how incredible they are. He wrote about their strength and also how he was able to brighten the day of one by making a simple meal that wasn't hospital food. But he added this paragraph at the end that I thought was a wonderful reminder.

When you are walking around on the streets, in a shopping mall or at an airport, you are going to see men and women in uniform, heroes like the ones who made these astonishing sacrifices. If you find yourself in line with one of them getting a burger or a cup of coffee and you’ve got an extra fiver in your wallet, pick up their tab. Or say thanks for your service. By job description, they are ready to take a bullet for you. We owe them more than we can possibly give them, but little gestures like these might just make their day.


Thanks for the reminder Robert, and I can't wait to see you back on TV.

I posted this on Food Network Fans earlier in the week, but here is my Zune with a picture of Chef Robert. This photo was the wallpaper on my laptop for a while actually.



No comments:

About Me

My photo
Catholic and politically conservative, I graduated with a BA in History (concentration in American) and Political Science. I'm between two parishes; one in Wisconsin that is fairly traditional, and one in Illinois that is fairly liberal. I teach CCD. I work in the food service industry, which basically means I'm working in fast food until I find a better job. I'd like to work for the church somehow. Right now I'm working on getting my teaching certification, although I'm unsure thats the correct path for me. This blog is as random as I am. I hope you enjoy.