Wednesday, February 27, 2008

WFB



Catholic, Conservative Icon, William F. Buckley Dies
By Hugh McNichol
Pewsitter.com

February 27, 2008 - American Catholics have lost a valuable conservative commentator today with the death of William F. Buckley Jr. at the age 82.

Over the past 50 years Mr. Buckley has been a strong advocate for the Catholic right and a strong endorser of Catholic moral, social and ethical principles. While he sported a Conservative label and what seemed almost his trademark - - a wrinkled Brooks Brothers suit -- he was a veracious proponent of conservative values.

Perhaps the most valuable loss for all Americans, especially Irish Catholics is his majestic ability to utilize uncommon words and make them part of the vernacular.

More

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Catholic and politically conservative, I graduated with a BA in History (concentration in American) and Political Science. I'm between two parishes; one in Wisconsin that is fairly traditional, and one in Illinois that is fairly liberal. I teach CCD. I work in the food service industry, which basically means I'm working in fast food until I find a better job. I'd like to work for the church somehow. Right now I'm working on getting my teaching certification, although I'm unsure thats the correct path for me. This blog is as random as I am. I hope you enjoy.