Thursday, December 13, 2007

I Have a Problem with the Post Office....

and my problem is that they keep losing my mail, or at best they take forever to deliver. We've had problems with the post office for years. It seems to be getting worse though.

In September I preordered Into Great Silence from Overstock, which was due to come out around October 22 or so. It shipped from Overstock by UPS, which then handed it over to the Post Office which then never delivered it. I waited about 2 1/2 - 3 weeks from the time it had shipped before I contacted Overstock to tell them that the package was lost. They promptly sent me a new copy. The Tuesday before Thanksgiving finally I got my DVD. Then the next day I got the DVD again. The original DVD and the replacement came within a day of each other. That day (Nov 21) I contacted Overstock to tell them that I now had 2 copies of the DVD and that I needed to return one to them. They told me that they would send me a return label so I could send it back and that I would get it in a few days. I still have not recieved the label. I'm going to have to contact them AGAIN and try to explain it to the poor guy and see what they want me to do. I can't keep the DVD as its not mine - I only paid for one, not two, one needs to go back.

Also my new Credit Card came on Saturday. They always ship the PIN number seperately as added security. The Card has come, the PIN has not and so I can't use the card until it comes (maybe I can call the company and see if I can set it up over the phone or something - I need my money so I can buy gifts).

These are only the most recent occurances of a long line of troubles with the Post Office. They have misdelivered mail and packages, lost magazines, returned magazine slips saying we no longer lived there, tossed our mail into the snow, delivered all our mail to the wrong house (they delivered 3 whole days worth of mail to our neighbors house and none to ours), and even made snappy comments to us and about us to our neighbors. A mistake here and there I understand, but this is completely ridiculous!

Can you tell I'm just a tad frustrated?

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Catholic and politically conservative, I graduated with a BA in History (concentration in American) and Political Science. I'm between two parishes; one in Wisconsin that is fairly traditional, and one in Illinois that is fairly liberal. I teach CCD. I work in the food service industry, which basically means I'm working in fast food until I find a better job. I'd like to work for the church somehow. Right now I'm working on getting my teaching certification, although I'm unsure thats the correct path for me. This blog is as random as I am. I hope you enjoy.