Saturday, August 18, 2007

Learn to Cook from the Break-Dancing Martial Artist Priest

I'm a regular poster on Food Network Fans, and the other day I posted an article about Father Leo Patalinghug a 'break-dancing priest' who is going to have a cooking show on PBS this fall.

I had a chance to look into the show a little more in depth today. Here's a summary of what the show is all about...

Grace Before Meals is a new television show coming to PBS dedicated to bringing families back to the table. Host Father Leo Patalinghug brings people from all walks of life into the kitchen to share his insights on cooking and strengthening relationships. Whether they're at a crossroads or have cause for celebration, Grace Before Meals creates fun and informative opportunities for people to feed themselves - body, mind and soul.


It looks pretty awesome, too bad its not actually going to be on Food Network where it might get more Foodie exposure. There's a couple videos on the Grace Before Meals Website. This is totally something I'd watch, but I watch a lot of food stuff on TV anyway. Food Network, Top Chef, Hell's Kitchen, I enjoy them all. But unlike some of the shows mentioned previously this will have a positive message.

And after all, who wouldn't want to learn how to cook from a break-dancing, martial artist priest?

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Catholic and politically conservative, I graduated with a BA in History (concentration in American) and Political Science. I'm between two parishes; one in Wisconsin that is fairly traditional, and one in Illinois that is fairly liberal. I teach CCD. I work in the food service industry, which basically means I'm working in fast food until I find a better job. I'd like to work for the church somehow. Right now I'm working on getting my teaching certification, although I'm unsure thats the correct path for me. This blog is as random as I am. I hope you enjoy.