Friday, August 17, 2007

EWTN To Broadcast Tridentine Mass Live

Woah-ho-ho (sorry folks, this is how I actually talk, I usually just try to write better) I came upon this little gem from the Summorum Pontificum blog. And I think the entry was correctly named A Cause for Great Joy!

For the first time in its 26 year history, Mother Angelica's Eternal Word Television Network (EWTN) will be broadcasting a live Solemn High Mass at the Shrine of the Most Blessed Sacrament in Hanceville, Alabama on September 14, 2007 at 8:00AM ES


The Tridentine Mass on EWTN? Sweet. Having the FSSP come to help? Awesome.

I'm not exactly an expert on EWTN, but I know previously Bishop Foley had forbid them from airing a Tridentine Mass. Earlier this week Birmingham received word of its new Bishop, news they had been two years waiting for.

This is indeed good news for Catholics around the country. The opportunity to see the old mass even if there is not one near will be wonderful. We have in the past attended the TLM at St. John Cantius and St. Thomas More in Chicago, but with traffic it is a lot of trouble getting there.

I hope many will tune in to see this event on EWTN in September and pray that EWTN will be able to continue to offer and televise the mass.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Catholic and politically conservative, I graduated with a BA in History (concentration in American) and Political Science. I'm between two parishes; one in Wisconsin that is fairly traditional, and one in Illinois that is fairly liberal. I teach CCD. I work in the food service industry, which basically means I'm working in fast food until I find a better job. I'd like to work for the church somehow. Right now I'm working on getting my teaching certification, although I'm unsure thats the correct path for me. This blog is as random as I am. I hope you enjoy.