Friday, December 08, 2006

Water Water Everywhere, but Not a Drop to Drink

The water main broke in front of our house sometime early this morning. When we left for mass a little before 8, the water was sort of bubbling out of the ground. After mass right around 9 the city workers had shown up and were putting a great big hole in the street. Its a little after 7 now and last I checked they were still working on it. The water has been turned off. I guess 3 mains broke today in town (our town is about 25,000), and they've had to call in a private company to help since the water department is overloaded now.

I saw at least one place in the town where my campus is working on what looked like the same thing, and I heard from people on campus that this has been happening a lot the past few days. I wonder whats up.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Catholic and politically conservative, I graduated with a BA in History (concentration in American) and Political Science. I'm between two parishes; one in Wisconsin that is fairly traditional, and one in Illinois that is fairly liberal. I teach CCD. I work in the food service industry, which basically means I'm working in fast food until I find a better job. I'd like to work for the church somehow. Right now I'm working on getting my teaching certification, although I'm unsure thats the correct path for me. This blog is as random as I am. I hope you enjoy.