Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Steve Irwin.....A Life Well Lived

A fellow Conservababe "conservamom04" made a really nice blog entry on Conservababes Blogs about Steve Irwin. I think she really captured why he was loved by millions all over the world, young and old alike, and why he will be missed.

I remember the first time I saw Steve Irwin on tv....he was almost manic in his movements and seemingly endless energy, but you could tell that he really had a passion for what he was doing. He would look at a crocodile and say..."Ain't she a beauty," and for a fleeting moment...he very nearly captured the beauty he saw and translated it to his viewers through his obvious devotion to the creature. He also found that same beauty in snakes, spiders, and all sorts of other creepy crawlies that the rest of us cringe at. Whether it was crock or snake....you could almost see the ability Irwin had to communicate with these animals.


Read the rest

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Catholic and politically conservative, I graduated with a BA in History (concentration in American) and Political Science. I'm between two parishes; one in Wisconsin that is fairly traditional, and one in Illinois that is fairly liberal. I teach CCD. I work in the food service industry, which basically means I'm working in fast food until I find a better job. I'd like to work for the church somehow. Right now I'm working on getting my teaching certification, although I'm unsure thats the correct path for me. This blog is as random as I am. I hope you enjoy.