Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Way to Go Bishop Doran

A lifesite.net article pointed me to this column by Bishop Doran of our neighboring Diocese of Rockford. Wow, what a punch this piece packs. I can't help but be impressed with all the issues he tackles in this, although it should be common among our clergy it often isn't. Let's take a look.

The seven “sacraments” of their secular culture are abortion, buggery, contraception, divorce, euthanasia, feminism of the radical type, and genetic experimentation and mutilation. These things they unabashedly espouse, profess and promote. Their continuance in public office is a clear and present danger to our survival as a nation.


How many of these 'sacraments' are seen as normal by many, some even among fellow conservatives?

What we have to remember is that violence breeds violence. When we tolerate unjust attacks upon the tiniest innocents among us, we habituate ourselves to violence. And so we have allowed these barbaric practices to corrupt our laws, our medical practice, and even our ordinary lives. How accustomed we have become to the immense loss of life in our wars throughout the world! Those who have killed millions under their mother’s hearts cannot be expected to balk at a mere few thousand killed in Afghanistan, in Iraq, in Somalia, in Darfur, in Bosnia, in Madrid, in London, in Baghdad, in Beirut, in Washington, in New York. The violence of abortion coarsens the lives of all of us.


I really like this paragraph because it is so true. Abortion is among the worst violence because it takes place between a mother and her own child. In a country that has killed over 40 million this legally accepted way how can we not begin to view life as something that can be easily tossed away when inconvenient? When we kill the most innocent and vulnerable among us without a second thought, how easy it is to rid ourselves of the old and disabled.

Having sown the wind of abortion we now reap the whirlwind. This appears in every quarter of our culture and on every day. And that just from the first of the “sacraments of death” of our secular human culture.


I truly believe that abortion has brought on us many of the problems that we now face. Much of what we face today was unimaginable 10 or 15 years ago. What will we face 10 or 15 years from now? What will we face even next year?

I ran across, in one parish, prayers of the faithful with the intention that “we pray for those who work and demonstrate for the cause of life and the unborn, the aged and the defected, that they may persevere in spite of the ridicule they receive sometimes, even from pastors and priests.” I shudder to think that might be true.


Indeed, its sad to think how many of societies ills are given approval by some in the church. How they have been decieved.

These unholy sacraments of our secular culture are the seeds of the destruction of our nation.

Think for yourself: what nation that kills its young, perverts marriage, prevents new life, and destroys the family, kills those deemed useless, makes the war of the sexes into a real war, and manipulates the genetic basis of human nature, can long endure?


The most comforting thing I can think of is that we have a strong pro-life community in this country. We have many strong Catholics and Christians who continue to fight the good fight where many of these are accepted around the world and in the west. God help us and God bless us.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Catholic and politically conservative, I graduated with a BA in History (concentration in American) and Political Science. I'm between two parishes; one in Wisconsin that is fairly traditional, and one in Illinois that is fairly liberal. I teach CCD. I work in the food service industry, which basically means I'm working in fast food until I find a better job. I'd like to work for the church somehow. Right now I'm working on getting my teaching certification, although I'm unsure thats the correct path for me. This blog is as random as I am. I hope you enjoy.