Wednesday, August 26, 2009

National Shrine of St. Therese

Today I went to the National Shrine of St. Therese in Darien, IL.

St. Therese and Jesus

St. Therese of the Child Jesus

Our Lady and Christ

St. Therese Statue

St. Therese

Reliquary

Reliquary Closeup

Mount Carmel

therese09

Our Lady of Mount Carmel

The Little Flower

The Life of St. Therese

St. Therese

Crucifix

Crucifix Closeup

Our Lady of Mount Carmel

Our Lady of Japan
(My sister loves Japan stuff, but they had several cases full of different representations of Mary and Jesus from around the world)

St. Therese, Jesus and Mary

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This Shrine is right near where I work and I visited today and took photos. Your photos are gorgeous!

Very interesting shrine and museum dedicated to St. Theresa. Worth a visit if you are in the area and like this sort of religious history of saints.

It's a small place and will take you 15 minutes to see everything.

About Me

My photo
Catholic and politically conservative, I graduated with a BA in History (concentration in American) and Political Science. I'm between two parishes; one in Wisconsin that is fairly traditional, and one in Illinois that is fairly liberal. I teach CCD. I work in the food service industry, which basically means I'm working in fast food until I find a better job. I'd like to work for the church somehow. Right now I'm working on getting my teaching certification, although I'm unsure thats the correct path for me. This blog is as random as I am. I hope you enjoy.