Saturday, January 03, 2009

Blagojevich

I haven't had a chance to write about Blagojevich on here before. I am obviously no fan of Blagojevich, he isn't just a standard Democrat, he has been very hard on the pro-life community here in Illinois. One of my favorite instances of the Bishops getting involved in current issues was when my Bishop, Thomas Paprocki, called out Blagojevich on legislation which would force pharmacists to dispense contraception even if doing so is against their conscience.

I think my family, like a lot of Illinoisans, has been waiting for the downfall of Blagojevich. There have been allegations of wrongdoing from Blagojevich for so long, it was only a matter of time. That being said, I find myself enjoying the show Blagojevich is putting on for the whole nation.

You'd think that I would be embarrassed by the spectacle that Blago is making Illinois into for the country and the world. But lets face it, I've already been thoroughly embarrassed for my state and the city of Chicago the whole time Obama was running for the Presidency. The thing about Blago is that he is being tossed under the bus by all the rest of the crooks in the state. This should prove the old adage that there is no honor among thieves. They've done everything they can to make old Blago go away, even calling him crazy. No way this guy is crazy, he's just a Chicago politician. The rest of the rats are trying to push him off the ship hoping that by dumping him over the edge they can stave off the sinking of the ship. Blago isn't going away easy though.

Some of the things Blagojevich has been accused of are just completely outrageous, the shakedown of the Children's Hospital I think ranks far above the allegations of selling Obama's senate seat. But I don't much appreciate all his old pals throwing him under the bus calling him crazy and saying they haven't talking to him in years. I don't buy it. My biggest hope, for better or worse, is that old G-Rod sticks around long enough to take down all the rest of them with him.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Catholic and politically conservative, I graduated with a BA in History (concentration in American) and Political Science. I'm between two parishes; one in Wisconsin that is fairly traditional, and one in Illinois that is fairly liberal. I teach CCD. I work in the food service industry, which basically means I'm working in fast food until I find a better job. I'd like to work for the church somehow. Right now I'm working on getting my teaching certification, although I'm unsure thats the correct path for me. This blog is as random as I am. I hope you enjoy.