Friday, September 05, 2008

Mother Teresa



American Minute with Bill Federer

September 5

Just five days after Princess Diana was killed, Mother Teresa died
SEPTEMBER 5, 1997.

The daughter of an Albanian grocer, she joined an order at age 18 and
began working in the slums of Calcutta.

Starting the Missionaries of Charity, which care for the blind, aged,
lepers, crippled, and dying, Mother Teresa stated:

"I see Jesus in every human being. I say to myself, this is hungry
Jesus, I must feed him. This is sick Jesus. This one has leprosy or
gangrene...I serve because I love Jesus."

A Nobel Prize recipient, 83-year-old Mother Teresa spoke to 3,000
attendees, including President and Mrs. Clinton and Vice-President Al
Gore at the National Prayer Breakfast, February 3, 1994:

"I feel that the greatest destroyer of peace today is abortion,
because it is a war against the child, a direct killing of the
innocent child, murder by the mother herself, and if we accept that a
mother can kill even her own child, how can we tell other people not
to kill one another?"

Mother Teresa continued:

"Please don't kill the child...give me the child. I am willing to
accept any child who would be aborted and to give that child to a
married couple who will love the child and be loved by the child."

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Catholic and politically conservative, I graduated with a BA in History (concentration in American) and Political Science. I'm between two parishes; one in Wisconsin that is fairly traditional, and one in Illinois that is fairly liberal. I teach CCD. I work in the food service industry, which basically means I'm working in fast food until I find a better job. I'd like to work for the church somehow. Right now I'm working on getting my teaching certification, although I'm unsure thats the correct path for me. This blog is as random as I am. I hope you enjoy.