Monday, September 29, 2008

Feasts of Michael, Gabriel, and Raphael

From MyCatholic.com

Saint of the Day
Sts. Michael, Gabriel, and Raphael (...)
Michael was the leader of the army of God during the uprising of Lucifer. He is known as the Defender. Raphael travelled with Tobit and protected him. He is known as the Healer. Gabriel informed Mary that she would bear the Savior. He is known as the Messenger of God.

St. Michael Candle
Outside Family Planning Associates at Elston and Carmen last night

Saint Michael the Archangel,
defend us in battle,
be our protection against the
wickedness and snares of the devil;
may God rebuke him, we humbly pray and do thou,
O Prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God,
thrust into hell Satan and all evil spirits who
wander through the world for the ruin of souls.

Archangel Michael
St. Mary Chapel, Kemper Center, Kenosha, WI.

Gabriel

Archangel Gabriel
St. Mary Chapel, Kemper Center, Kenosha, WI.

Raphael

Archangel Raphael
St. Mary Chapel, Kemper Center, Kenosha, WI.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Catholic and politically conservative, I graduated with a BA in History (concentration in American) and Political Science. I'm between two parishes; one in Wisconsin that is fairly traditional, and one in Illinois that is fairly liberal. I teach CCD. I work in the food service industry, which basically means I'm working in fast food until I find a better job. I'd like to work for the church somehow. Right now I'm working on getting my teaching certification, although I'm unsure thats the correct path for me. This blog is as random as I am. I hope you enjoy.