Monday, August 18, 2008

Ridge: GOP would accept abortion-rights VP

Ridge: GOP would accept abortion-rights VP

Former Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Ridge said Sunday he thinks Republicans would accept a vice presidential candidate who supports abortion rights.


I suppose he thinks so in part because he's hoping he's on McCain's short list. The GOP in some form might accept a pro-choice VP, but it wouldn't be a winning GOP. In a close election you need every vote you can get and I think that enough pro-lifers would go to Bob Barr or to an Alan Keyes or another candidate that it would cripple McCain's chances.

I recognize that part of McCain's whole thing is to appeal to independents and democrats, but thats why not all conservatives are excited about him being the nominee. A pro-choice VP would tip the scales the wrong way.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Catholic and politically conservative, I graduated with a BA in History (concentration in American) and Political Science. I'm between two parishes; one in Wisconsin that is fairly traditional, and one in Illinois that is fairly liberal. I teach CCD. I work in the food service industry, which basically means I'm working in fast food until I find a better job. I'd like to work for the church somehow. Right now I'm working on getting my teaching certification, although I'm unsure thats the correct path for me. This blog is as random as I am. I hope you enjoy.