Sunday, July 13, 2008

The Declaration of Independence

I saw this post over at Grand Rapids Libertarian, its about the attempts to preserve the Declaration of Independence. The first attempt was over 117 years after it was signed and after it had been carried into battle, had water spilled on it, and left in direct sunlight for years. I think reading that makes even someone with a mild interest in history or our nation's founding (and existence) shudder in disbelief.

We're lucky that modern preservation techniques have allowed us to keep this important document for future generations.

Check out the full article from Wired.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Catholic and politically conservative, I graduated with a BA in History (concentration in American) and Political Science. I'm between two parishes; one in Wisconsin that is fairly traditional, and one in Illinois that is fairly liberal. I teach CCD. I work in the food service industry, which basically means I'm working in fast food until I find a better job. I'd like to work for the church somehow. Right now I'm working on getting my teaching certification, although I'm unsure thats the correct path for me. This blog is as random as I am. I hope you enjoy.