Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Vacation Plans

I've been a bad blogger. I keep intending on writing things in here, then I think nobody is really interested in it and so I don't bother. Probably the only reason I'm writing right now is because I really should be working on my project that is due tomorrow.

Anyway, next week I'm going to Florida on vacation. I'll be gone from late Wednesday night to mid-day the next Wednesday. I actually wasn't supposed to go, I was supposed to stay home and keep watch of the dogs (there really isn't anyway that they can be boarded, and they couldn't make it the whole day while my brother is at work). But as the rest of the family made plans I looked so pitiful around the house that they decided that if I could get the time off of work that we would go, dogs and all.

I didn't think I would be able to get time off since we're understaffed, but I guess since the other two employees are taking vacations this summer it would have been hard for him to say no. So I'm going! And I'm really excited. I haven't been to Florida since I was in 5th grade.

We're going to St. Augustine, which is the oldest city in the country. It also has one of the oldest chapels, if not the oldest chapel, Our Lady of La Leche. There is all kinds of historical stuff to see there, that I can now actually appreciate which I couldn't when I was little. The only real memories I have of a lot of these historical places are the gift shops.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to all that next week. I just have to get through this week.

1 comment:

Rosemary said...

Have a wonderful trip!

About Me

My photo
Catholic and politically conservative, I graduated with a BA in History (concentration in American) and Political Science. I'm between two parishes; one in Wisconsin that is fairly traditional, and one in Illinois that is fairly liberal. I teach CCD. I work in the food service industry, which basically means I'm working in fast food until I find a better job. I'd like to work for the church somehow. Right now I'm working on getting my teaching certification, although I'm unsure thats the correct path for me. This blog is as random as I am. I hope you enjoy.