Sunday, May 25, 2008

Corpus Christi

This Is My Body
I am the living bread which came down from heaven; if any one eats of this bread, he will live for ever; and the bread which I shall give for the life of the world is my flesh.

Today we had a Corpus Christi procession around our church. As usual it was beautiful, although when we first started going there they used to process around the block outside. Actually the first mass we ever went to there was on Corpus Christi in 04. I told Mom it was our anniversary and she replied that the day we went was in June. Liturgically it was out anniversary I guess.

I took a couple videos of the procession, but I stupidly took them portrait and now any time I post them to youtube (or flickr or photobucket) the image is sideways, even though I rotated and saved it on my computer. Oh well there was one video that I managed to not screw up.

Corpus Christi

Procession

Altar Boys

Monstrance

Monstrance at the Altar

Kneeling

2 comments:

Athanasis Contra Mundum said...

How wonderful is that gift of Himself, Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity!

Rosemary said...

Beautiful photos!!!!

About Me

My photo
Catholic and politically conservative, I graduated with a BA in History (concentration in American) and Political Science. I'm between two parishes; one in Wisconsin that is fairly traditional, and one in Illinois that is fairly liberal. I teach CCD. I work in the food service industry, which basically means I'm working in fast food until I find a better job. I'd like to work for the church somehow. Right now I'm working on getting my teaching certification, although I'm unsure thats the correct path for me. This blog is as random as I am. I hope you enjoy.