Thursday, April 24, 2008

Scalia Rocks

I had a few minutes on campus after class so I popped onto a computer, went to Yahoo and was greeted with a happy little headline

Justice Scalia defends Bush v. Gore, says 'Get over it'


The link lead to a video that I can't watch while I'm on campus so I found an article giving a rundown of what he said.

And I think it makes my favorite quote of the week. There are so many people that I want to say that to, even people I like, who are infected with 'Bush Derangement Syndrome'. Get over it.

I'm sorry, its just after 7 years I'm completely sick of hearing about missing Gore votes sitting at the bottom of some festering Florida swamp.

I saw Scalia on C-Span a few weeks ago and he was a very engaging speaker, he was speaking to a group of High School students so there is no doubt that he gave age appropriate responses, but it was very interesting for me to listen to. In fact I stayed up much later that night than I should have listening to him. I have seen both him and Clarence Thomas on TV this year, which seems sort of unusual for them and for justices on the Supreme Court, but thats not necessarily a bad thing either.

2 comments:

Rosemary said...

I have heard Justice Scalia speak and found him very interesting and engaging.

FloridaWife said...

Oh, yeah. I really like Scalia. I just saw his interview ith Tim Russert this week. Very good interview.

About Me

My photo
Catholic and politically conservative, I graduated with a BA in History (concentration in American) and Political Science. I'm between two parishes; one in Wisconsin that is fairly traditional, and one in Illinois that is fairly liberal. I teach CCD. I work in the food service industry, which basically means I'm working in fast food until I find a better job. I'd like to work for the church somehow. Right now I'm working on getting my teaching certification, although I'm unsure thats the correct path for me. This blog is as random as I am. I hope you enjoy.