Monday, April 07, 2008

Green Hornet

I'm on sort of a streetcar kick this afternoon I guess (maybe I'm wishing I'm there and not here). I agree with one of the comments on the video, they need to advertise it a little more.

If you live in Chicago and you want to ride a Green Hornet streetcar, you have three choices: Go 70 miles to the Illinois Railway Museum, where the only survivor of a Green Hornet fleet that once numbered 600-plus trundles around a short loop. You can go 2,000 miles to San Francisco and ride the F Market line, whose fleet of antique streetcars includes one painted to look like a Green Hornet.

Or, you can take the UP North Line Metra train 90 miles north to Kenosha, where a fleet of five PCC streetcars, including this replica Green Hornet, awaits you. On a warm, beautiful summer day, with the windows open and the Lake Michigan breeze kissing your face, there's no better ride.

And, it's wheelchair accessible! How much better could it get?


No comments:

About Me

My photo
Catholic and politically conservative, I graduated with a BA in History (concentration in American) and Political Science. I'm between two parishes; one in Wisconsin that is fairly traditional, and one in Illinois that is fairly liberal. I teach CCD. I work in the food service industry, which basically means I'm working in fast food until I find a better job. I'd like to work for the church somehow. Right now I'm working on getting my teaching certification, although I'm unsure thats the correct path for me. This blog is as random as I am. I hope you enjoy.