Saturday, April 05, 2008

The Domes

We were supposed to make it to the Milwaukee Zoo today because it was their family free day, but we couldn't get within a mile of the place. Traffic was backed up along the streets, even back to the highway. We ended up at the Domes, which is the Milwaukee conservatory (the plant kind). It was really neat and the four of us each had a camera.

I whittled 180 photos down to (I think) 28 loaded onto flickr. The whole set can be seen here. I'll only subject you guys to a few of my favorites.

Lavendar Orchid

Orchid Macro

Orchids in the Shade

Bird and Cocoa Pod

Spikey Plant

Flower Closeup

Small Flower

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Catholic and politically conservative, I graduated with a BA in History (concentration in American) and Political Science. I'm between two parishes; one in Wisconsin that is fairly traditional, and one in Illinois that is fairly liberal. I teach CCD. I work in the food service industry, which basically means I'm working in fast food until I find a better job. I'd like to work for the church somehow. Right now I'm working on getting my teaching certification, although I'm unsure thats the correct path for me. This blog is as random as I am. I hope you enjoy.