Monday, February 18, 2008

Creation Lesson

A couple weeks ago on chat I was coming up with the lesson plan for my kids and I ended up doing a project with them on creation.

What I did was I had the scripture passages of creation, and I went day-by-day with them and for each day they added to the Earth what God did. So water, land, animals, sun, etc. If I teach it again next year I would refine it, but its not bad for a 2am spark of desperation.

Materials

Plastic (water)
Stickers (fish, birds, flowers, insects)
Easter basket grass (additional vegetation)
Clipart (sun - in the one they did they colored it with crayons, mine is just printed that way)
Construction paper (sky [background], land)
Wedding roses things (more vegetation)

I also had star stickers, which they didn't get a chance to use because I forgot them on the table that day, but some colored them in with a white crayon. They also drew in animals which I haven't done yet, because I draw terribly. Next time if I did it I would have something better for Adam and Eve. I wanted them to draw them in, but the kids never really did that and we ran out of time. But for the most part I like the way it ended up. Maybe some cotton for clouds. I'll have to see if I teach next year.

In the picture you can see my glue is too wet, and I'm a bit light on the number of birds, but those are all I had leftover from when we did it in class. Next time I'm in hobby lobby I might pick up another package just to fill it in a bit.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Catholic and politically conservative, I graduated with a BA in History (concentration in American) and Political Science. I'm between two parishes; one in Wisconsin that is fairly traditional, and one in Illinois that is fairly liberal. I teach CCD. I work in the food service industry, which basically means I'm working in fast food until I find a better job. I'd like to work for the church somehow. Right now I'm working on getting my teaching certification, although I'm unsure thats the correct path for me. This blog is as random as I am. I hope you enjoy.