Monday, July 09, 2007

My Friday

If you heard about the Minnesota Twins scoring 35 runs in a double header on Friday, I was there. Or at least the first game. Or at least part of the first game.

My brother bought me Sox tickets for my birthday for April 6th (birthday is April 5th). The April 6th game was canceled due to the extreme cold and that game was replayed 1:05 on Friday.

On Friday I was really wishing that it had been played in the freezing weather in April. It was just bad. I don't even know how to describe it other than bad.

In the 4th inning the Twins were leading with 8, bases loaded, full count, I leaned over and said he's going to toss him a cookie, if its a grand slam I'm leaving. Next pitch it was. We did stay slightly longer than that, but not much more. I have never left a game so early before, but it was far too hot to watch such a terrible game. It is probably good that we left when we did too because I still ended up with a sunburn.

The one good thing about the game was that we were pretty close to the Sox bullpen and I got some nice pictures of our pitcher Jon Garland.







After we left the game we stopped of at the 7-11 that is set up to look like the Kwik-e-Mart from the Simpsons. From what I've heard there are only a few like this in the country so it was pretty neat to go see. I have been a fan of the Simpsons for many years, but the last several seasons have not been very good in my opinion and I don't know if I will go see the movie or not.









And keeping with the political nature of this blog...

2 comments:

EC Gefroh said...

Wonderful photos!

FloridaWife said...

Is there a man like Apu working there?

About Me

My photo
Catholic and politically conservative, I graduated with a BA in History (concentration in American) and Political Science. I'm between two parishes; one in Wisconsin that is fairly traditional, and one in Illinois that is fairly liberal. I teach CCD. I work in the food service industry, which basically means I'm working in fast food until I find a better job. I'd like to work for the church somehow. Right now I'm working on getting my teaching certification, although I'm unsure thats the correct path for me. This blog is as random as I am. I hope you enjoy.