Monday, June 04, 2007

The Next Food Network Star

I end up watching the Food Network a lot on the weekends, and this evening was the first episode of the third season of the Next Food Network Star. I have watched the past two seasons and have enjoyed it so I was looking forward to this season too.

Now I'm not a chef, I don't cook much, and I can't taste their food so I just sort of watch to see who I enjoy watching, whose food looks good and sounds good. Its sort of like American Idol, I know nothing about music so all I can do is watch and try to feel my way through who to like. In the case of American Idol the four I really liked ended up being the top 4, we'll see how it turns out for this show.

As I was watching it I wasn't really seeing anyone I liked right off the bat. But I did notice some people I didn't like. While I initially liked Paul, when he saw Tommy putting chicken stock into his vegetarian dish and not only didn't say anything, but was laughing and joking about it, really turned me off. Adrien, who I can't say I even noticed on the show ended up saying something about it and that made him stood out to me. I guess some would say it's a competetion, why should Paul have said anything, but it just didn't hit me the right way. I also wasn't a fan of Patrick, although I can't point to a specific reason why.

Overall I thought the challenges were interesting and its good to see a diverse set of characters to watch.

2 comments:

Cathy said...

I really like "Hell's Kitchen" because I find Gordon Ramsay so devilishly handsome, even if they do have to bleep every other word he says.
(I like his BBC show "The 'F' Word" much better, though.)

Scott M. Frey said...

my favorite "american idol" type show is so you think you can dance... man those people can really dance... I love it!

About Me

My photo
Catholic and politically conservative, I graduated with a BA in History (concentration in American) and Political Science. I'm between two parishes; one in Wisconsin that is fairly traditional, and one in Illinois that is fairly liberal. I teach CCD. I work in the food service industry, which basically means I'm working in fast food until I find a better job. I'd like to work for the church somehow. Right now I'm working on getting my teaching certification, although I'm unsure thats the correct path for me. This blog is as random as I am. I hope you enjoy.