Thursday, May 10, 2007

Real Life Stuffage

Sorry I haven't been around to blog lately. My Grandpa has been very ill this week (well he has been for the past 2 or 3 weeks, but it has continued this week) and its taking a toll on everyone. It would be easier if we didn't have to fight the medical profession the whole way trying to get help for him. But I don't really want to blog all the details here. Just please keep him and our family in your prayers.

---

Additionally, I'm still looking for a job. I have a job, but sitting with a degree and working at a fast food joint for $7/hr wasn't quite what I had in mind when I did all that work for school. Its just so hard to find anything that I'm qualified for. Its the same old "you need experience to get the job, but you can't get experience without a job". I know I shouldn't be feeling so sorry for myself, but I end up feeling that way anyway. A friend of mine graduated a year ago and she's working at a food place too, so I guess its not all that unusual. But like I said its not exactly what I had in mind... although now I think I wish I could go back and change my degree and get one that is more useful.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry about your Grandfather.

Hang tough Gop, it will come.

Cathy said...

Your family is in my prayers.
I know you probably have already, but a Novena to St. Jude can't hurt.
;)

And you're right - it's hard to get a job nowadays.

Anonymous said...

your fam is my prayers too
take care

About Me

My photo
Catholic and politically conservative, I graduated with a BA in History (concentration in American) and Political Science. I'm between two parishes; one in Wisconsin that is fairly traditional, and one in Illinois that is fairly liberal. I teach CCD. I work in the food service industry, which basically means I'm working in fast food until I find a better job. I'd like to work for the church somehow. Right now I'm working on getting my teaching certification, although I'm unsure thats the correct path for me. This blog is as random as I am. I hope you enjoy.