Friday, May 25, 2007

Book Meme

Orthfully Catholic tagged me for this meme, which I think is totally cool. I get a charge when people tag me, it makes me think people might actually be reading. ;)

Now here's the meme

How many books do you own?

I have no idea. I have a bookshelf full with books stacked in front of other books. 3 small built in bookshelves full, 2 or 3 bins of books, plus some stacks of books on my floor and on top of my computer so your guess is as good as mine. I'd say a lot, but not as many as a lot of people.

Last book I read:

Well right now I'm reading The Case for Democracy: The Power of Freedom to Overcome Tyranny and Terror by Natan Sharansky. I bought it a year ago, read a little and haven't picked it up again until this week. Even though I started reading it a year ago I started it all over again and its really speaking to me. I can't wait to finish it... of course I'm only about 60 pages into it.

Five Books That Mean a Lot to Me:

1. The Myth of Hitler's Pope by Rabbi David Dalin.

2. I Love You, Ronnie: The Letters of Ronald Reagan to Nancy Reagan by Nancy Reagan

3. Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad

4. How the Catholic Church Built Western Civilization by Thomas E. Woods Jr. (I'm still working on this one)

5. Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky

Now tag five other blogs:

The bad thing about tagging is I never remember whose done this before. So if I tag you and you've done it just ignore me.

A Catholic Mom in Hawaii

Lounge Daddy

Thoughts of a Catholic Mom

A Catholic Teen's Thoughts

Ric's Blog

1 comment:

EC Gefroh said...

Thanks for the tag Sunny. I believe I did this one recently. Responses are on my blog.

About Me

My photo
Catholic and politically conservative, I graduated with a BA in History (concentration in American) and Political Science. I'm between two parishes; one in Wisconsin that is fairly traditional, and one in Illinois that is fairly liberal. I teach CCD. I work in the food service industry, which basically means I'm working in fast food until I find a better job. I'd like to work for the church somehow. Right now I'm working on getting my teaching certification, although I'm unsure thats the correct path for me. This blog is as random as I am. I hope you enjoy.