Sunday, January 28, 2007

The Great Commandment

I saw this entry about Senator Brownback at Pro-Life blogs, and I thought this was a beautiful paragraph that they outlined at the end of the entry.

Few candidates have the ability to write the following with sincerity:

At the end of the day, it comes back to the basics: faith, family, and freedom. America is great because she is good. That goodness is not based in Washington, or New York, or even Topeka. It is based in the hearts of the American people. This is a goodness whose Author is the Divine. A goodness that doesn't let us rest until our neighbor is at peace. A goodness that feels the chains of another rub on our own skin. A goodness from God that demands our vigilant action.

How much better we will be as we seek to live the Great Commandment to love God and one another.

1 comment:

Leticia said...

Senator Brownback is a beautiful Catholic. I was very impressed when I met him at the Blogs for Life Conference. See the entry on my blog.
He would make an outstanding president, please pray for him.

About Me

My photo
Catholic and politically conservative, I graduated with a BA in History (concentration in American) and Political Science. I'm between two parishes; one in Wisconsin that is fairly traditional, and one in Illinois that is fairly liberal. I teach CCD. I work in the food service industry, which basically means I'm working in fast food until I find a better job. I'd like to work for the church somehow. Right now I'm working on getting my teaching certification, although I'm unsure thats the correct path for me. This blog is as random as I am. I hope you enjoy.