Thursday, January 04, 2007

Another Child Dies Copying Saddam Hanging

I think this is one of the reasons why the Vatican is justified in opposing the release of the Saddam execution video.


Saddam's execution cited in boy's accidental hanging death


This is in addition to the earlier story of a child in Pakistan who died in a similar way.

Its not a good thing for people to see. I tend to think that people of good faith can go either way on Saddam's execution. But this video is harmful. Maybe the people of Iraq need to see it, so they know for sure that he is gone, but surely none of the rest of us need to see it, especially not children.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is this a 2nd kid hanging himself?

A huge trajedy – I agree with you. The video doesn’t need to be broadcast the way it has been. It’s way too marketed and easily available – but this is a symptom of a bigger more tragic problem.

Thought: There is a lot spread around the Internet for use as promotional material by our Islamofascist enemies – and a lot of it is either staged by them or created by us.
Created by us: Everything from Saddam’s hanging to U.S. policy-maker’s remarks (like numerous comments made by Durbin, Murtha, and Kerry for starters).

Thought: I really hope that the two cases of kids hanging themselves do not involve influence by parents in any way.

About Me

My photo
Catholic and politically conservative, I graduated with a BA in History (concentration in American) and Political Science. I'm between two parishes; one in Wisconsin that is fairly traditional, and one in Illinois that is fairly liberal. I teach CCD. I work in the food service industry, which basically means I'm working in fast food until I find a better job. I'd like to work for the church somehow. Right now I'm working on getting my teaching certification, although I'm unsure thats the correct path for me. This blog is as random as I am. I hope you enjoy.