Thursday, December 14, 2006

Senator Johnson

I'm disturbed by the fact that the media seems to be more concerned about the political ramifications of Senator Johnson's illness than the fact that he is very ill.

Yes I realize the senate is close, and we're a highly politicized society at the moment, but can you imagine being family or friends of his and all that they ramble on tv about is if the Republicans are going to take back the senate. They don't seem to even be doing a good job of pretending to worry about him. Get a grip media.

---

Omnipotent and eternal God, the everlasting Salvation of those who believe, hear us on behalf of Thy sick servant, Tim Johnson, for whom we beg the aid of Thy pitying mercy, that, with his bodily health restored, he may give thanks to Thee. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.

3 comments:

FloridaWife said...

I was thinking the same thing.

MAB said...

Thank you for posting this reminder to us all to put fellow men before politics!

EC Gefroh said...

Like Floridawife wrote...I was thinking the same thing.

About Me

My photo
Catholic and politically conservative, I graduated with a BA in History (concentration in American) and Political Science. I'm between two parishes; one in Wisconsin that is fairly traditional, and one in Illinois that is fairly liberal. I teach CCD. I work in the food service industry, which basically means I'm working in fast food until I find a better job. I'd like to work for the church somehow. Right now I'm working on getting my teaching certification, although I'm unsure thats the correct path for me. This blog is as random as I am. I hope you enjoy.