Friday, October 13, 2006

Who Founded the Church?

I've sort of run out of things to say this week. Tomorrow we're planning a trip to Holy Hill so I'm hoping to be able to share that and pictures probably Sunday evening at the earliest.

Earlier this week a sister on campus told me that the church was founded by the Holy Spirit at Pentecost. I always thought that Jesus founded the church, and I think its something we covered in RCIA the other day - that the church was founded either when He told Peter that he was the rock (or when he told Peter to feed His sheep). I thought well I'll have to ask Father at RCIA next week, but I went back and looked at the handout from RCIA and it says that Jesus founded the church.

Any thoughts about that? Granted both Jesus and the Holy Spirit are God, but I'd like to know the answer.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Catholic and politically conservative, I graduated with a BA in History (concentration in American) and Political Science. I'm between two parishes; one in Wisconsin that is fairly traditional, and one in Illinois that is fairly liberal. I teach CCD. I work in the food service industry, which basically means I'm working in fast food until I find a better job. I'd like to work for the church somehow. Right now I'm working on getting my teaching certification, although I'm unsure thats the correct path for me. This blog is as random as I am. I hope you enjoy.