Saturday, October 28, 2006

I Guess I'm a Prude

A friend of mine had to review a play for her school newspaper and she asked if I wanted to go with. I'd been to this theater several times, and although its small it was always my favorite so I jumped at the chance. It took us an hour and a half of crappy stop-and-go Chicago traffic to get there, and we just barely made the last shuttle from the parking lot to the theater.

We get to intermission and I really wasn't all that impressed with the play, I thought it was boring and I had a hard time following it. Then in the middle of the second half was suddenly full male nudity, right out of nowhere. I cast my eyes down and waited for the 3 naked guys running around the stage to leave, all the while feeling my face turn reder and reder. Here a couple weeks ago I was saying I couldn't buy the sexy soldiers calendar because it would be 12 months of blushing, and here it was all out there.

My friend said she didn't know, and if she had known she would have taken someone else. I'm sure people think I'm being a dope or whatever about all this. I guess I'm a prude, puritain or some other word, but sheesh, I could have used some warning so I could have avoided the random peep show.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess I'm a prude, too, because I would have been absolutely dying of embarrassment. And I'm a woman who's been married for more than 13 years!

Sorry for your assault on the eyes, there. Gracious, I don't know what I would have done aside from looking at my shoes very suddenly and noticing all the candy wrappers on the floor. How interesting! Someone is eating Goobers!

catholicandgop said...

Thats exactly how I feel. And the place was filled with little old ladies and little old men. I wonder what they thought (what they thought for real - not what they would say). I think its something nobody expected though, I was waiting outside the theater for the shuttle and that seemed to be the topic of choice.

EC Gefroh said...

Well, I am glad to be in good company ;-) I think men and women both have to dress modestly...dress being the key word here.

About Me

My photo
Catholic and politically conservative, I graduated with a BA in History (concentration in American) and Political Science. I'm between two parishes; one in Wisconsin that is fairly traditional, and one in Illinois that is fairly liberal. I teach CCD. I work in the food service industry, which basically means I'm working in fast food until I find a better job. I'd like to work for the church somehow. Right now I'm working on getting my teaching certification, although I'm unsure thats the correct path for me. This blog is as random as I am. I hope you enjoy.