Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Holy Hill and Eucharistic Procession

So this weekend we went to Holy Hill, which is in Hubertus Wisconsin. Unfortunetly for me I wasn't feeling well, but that didn't prevent me from taking massive amounts of pictures (unfortunetly for you). I really don't have a whole lot to say about Holy Hill because we were there with other people we didn't really have a chance to look around, but it was a nice time and gave us an opportunity to meet other people from our parish and other Catholics.





(Milwaukee from Holy Hill, which is according to what I read about 35 miles away)







Then on Sunday which was Mom's birthday (Happy Birthday Mom) we did a Eucharistic Procession from one church in Kenosha to another one. It was about a 2 mile walk from St. Peter's to Holy Rosary, and luckily it was a very nice day. I'd say there was 100 - 150 people in attendance. Kenosha PD in contrast to Chicago PD of a couple weeks ago were courteous to us (I don't look badly on Chicago PD, just those who were rude to us). Also a welcome surprise was that the local Chase bank let us do one of our stops in their drive through area, as well as the Moose Lodge (no idea what that is) and also the City of Kenosha Parks. The monstrance was brought for this procession from Milwaukee, and it was among the last ones John Paul II blessed apparently. These really aren't in any sort of order other than the last one is the end of the procession.











This last bit is taken from the church we processed to, Holy Rosary, I love churches so I couldn't help myself when I saw the inside of this beautiful church.













4 comments:

EC Gefroh said...

What beautiful photos!! I love the Church, the saints, etc. Wow, all of them are great! Too bad you weren't feeling well.

catholicandgop said...

Thanks. I thought I was feeling better, but I just got sick here at school - although that may be from taking medicine on an empty stomach. I'll live though. ;)

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful! I'm stunned at the beauty! (And a bit jealous. Our church is so bare by comparison!)

catholicandgop said...

I'm amazed at how there are parishes with communion rails that survived Weakland's time as Bishop. If you're ever in kenosha Bette, check out Holy Rosary (the one in the pictures) or St. James (mine).

About Me

My photo
Catholic and politically conservative, I graduated with a BA in History (concentration in American) and Political Science. I'm between two parishes; one in Wisconsin that is fairly traditional, and one in Illinois that is fairly liberal. I teach CCD. I work in the food service industry, which basically means I'm working in fast food until I find a better job. I'd like to work for the church somehow. Right now I'm working on getting my teaching certification, although I'm unsure thats the correct path for me. This blog is as random as I am. I hope you enjoy.