Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Write in Candidate?

The title of this blog is Faith and Country - Catholic and Republican, which to me means that this blog should be both about my faith and politics. But going back over my posts I notice that there really aren't any political ones, with only a couple touching lightly on politics.

I'm planning on changing that. I guess I'll start now.

The other day at the retreat I went to there was a lady there who was telling us about a write in candidate for governor this November. Both the Democrat (Blagojevich) and Republican (Topinka) are pro-choice. I looked briefly at this write in candidate's website, and I wasn't immediately impressed with him. He is, according to his page, 100% pro-life, which is my most important issue. So in the coming months I will be thinking more and more what I am going to do on election day. I had up until the time this lady told us about him decided not to vote for governor at all since neither deserved my vote.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Catholic and politically conservative, I graduated with a BA in History (concentration in American) and Political Science. I'm between two parishes; one in Wisconsin that is fairly traditional, and one in Illinois that is fairly liberal. I teach CCD. I work in the food service industry, which basically means I'm working in fast food until I find a better job. I'd like to work for the church somehow. Right now I'm working on getting my teaching certification, although I'm unsure thats the correct path for me. This blog is as random as I am. I hope you enjoy.