Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Connecticut rabbi: No one ‘did more to rescue Jews than Pius’

Connecticut rabbi: No one ‘did more to rescue Jews than Pius’
November 26, 2008

In comments that appear in the latest edition of Connecticut’s weekly Jewish newspaper, Rabbi Eric Silver of Temple Beth David in Cheshire, CT defended Pope Pius XII’s wartime actions. Following a recent Pave the Way Foundation symposium in Rome, Rabbi Silver said, ‘We studied the documents in the Vatican's archives and had eye-witness interviews, and what we learned was truly world-shaking. There is nobody who did more to rescue Jews than Pius.’ Silver added that Holocaust architect Adolf Eichmann ‘in his diary records that his efforts are being frustrated by the pope; he just can’t prove it.’


Link

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Catholic and politically conservative, I graduated with a BA in History (concentration in American) and Political Science. I'm between two parishes; one in Wisconsin that is fairly traditional, and one in Illinois that is fairly liberal. I teach CCD. I work in the food service industry, which basically means I'm working in fast food until I find a better job. I'd like to work for the church somehow. Right now I'm working on getting my teaching certification, although I'm unsure thats the correct path for me. This blog is as random as I am. I hope you enjoy.