Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Name that Christmas Song

I'm going to put lines from several Christmas songs, see if you can guess which one they are from.

1. I love Thee, Lord Jesus, Look down from the sky
2. Ye who now will bless the poor Shall yourselves find blessing
3. In ancient times once gave the law In cloud and majesty and awe
4. Sorrowing, sighing, bleeding, dying, Sealed in the stone cold tomb
5. The world in solemn stillness lay To hear the angels sing.
6. The hopes and fears of all the years Are met in thee to-night
7. Radiant beams from Thy holy face With the dawn of redeeming grace
8. Gloria, in excelsis Deo
9. To save us all from Satan’s power, When we were gone astray
10. And all the bells on earth shall ring, On Christmas day, on Christmas day
11. Haste, haste, to bring Him laud, The Babe, the Son of Mary
12. Sing, choirs of angels, Sing in exultation Sing, all ye citizens of heaven above
13. He is born to set us free, He is born our Lord to be
14. Give ye heed to what we say, News! News! Jesus Christ was Born today!
15. While fields and floods, Rocks, hills, and plains Repeat the sounding joy
16. With Mary we behold it, The Virgin mother kind
17. O night divine, O night when Christ was born!
18. The ox and lamb kept time
19. Behold throughout the heavens There shone a holy light
20. Angels with joy sing in the air, No music may with theirs compare

1 comment:

EC Gefroh said...

Oh Boy! And, here I thought this was going to be easy. I missed 7, 11, 13, 14, 15, 16, 19 and 20. Hope you post the answers. Thanks that was fun!

About Me

My photo
Catholic and politically conservative, I graduated with a BA in History (concentration in American) and Political Science. I'm between two parishes; one in Wisconsin that is fairly traditional, and one in Illinois that is fairly liberal. I teach CCD. I work in the food service industry, which basically means I'm working in fast food until I find a better job. I'd like to work for the church somehow. Right now I'm working on getting my teaching certification, although I'm unsure thats the correct path for me. This blog is as random as I am. I hope you enjoy.