Monday, March 16, 2009

Rumors: Pope to make official UK visit

Pope to make official UK visit
Vatican indicates that Benedict XVI is ready to accept an invitation from Gordon Brown to make the first state visit

THE POPE is preparing to make a historic official visit to Britain. Sources at the Vatican have indicated that Benedict XVI is ready to accept an invitation from Gordon Brown to come to the UK. It would be the first state visit by a pope to Britain and could take place as soon as next year; September 2010 is considered the likeliest date.

Unlike John Paul II’s ground-breaking visit in 1982, which was “pastoral” and did not involve going to Downing Street or meeting the prime minister, the event would be a full state visit, with the pontiff addressing both houses of parliament at Westminster.

More

I know it would be a lot to ask for, but I'd love it if he came back to the United States. I loved it when he was here last year. I was teasing my sister that I was going to write him a note inviting him back and telling him that it would be cool if he wanted to crash at our place, I can sleep on the couch. Although can you imagine the amount of cleaning you would have to do if the Pope was coming oveR? I don't think I could make it.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Catholic and politically conservative, I graduated with a BA in History (concentration in American) and Political Science. I'm between two parishes; one in Wisconsin that is fairly traditional, and one in Illinois that is fairly liberal. I teach CCD. I work in the food service industry, which basically means I'm working in fast food until I find a better job. I'd like to work for the church somehow. Right now I'm working on getting my teaching certification, although I'm unsure thats the correct path for me. This blog is as random as I am. I hope you enjoy.