Monday, February 16, 2009

Holy Name getting help from other churches

Holy Name getting help from other churches in rebuilding effort
By Manya A. Brachear | Tribune reporter
February 14, 2009

When Rev. Leroy Sanders heard that "God's house" had burned, he urged the congregation of Kenwood United Church of Christ to reach out and help rebuild. It didn't matter to the South Side Protestant pastor or his congregation that "God's house" was Holy Name Cathedral, the seat of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Chicago.

"We're serving the same God," said Sanders, whose congregation donated $500 to Holy Name for repairs after a fire erupted Feb. 4 in the cathedral's attic. Officials have not determined the cause, calculated the cost or concluded when the 4,500-family congregation can return.


More

Cool.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Catholic and politically conservative, I graduated with a BA in History (concentration in American) and Political Science. I'm between two parishes; one in Wisconsin that is fairly traditional, and one in Illinois that is fairly liberal. I teach CCD. I work in the food service industry, which basically means I'm working in fast food until I find a better job. I'd like to work for the church somehow. Right now I'm working on getting my teaching certification, although I'm unsure thats the correct path for me. This blog is as random as I am. I hope you enjoy.