Wednesday, February 25, 2009

40 Days for Life

From Fr. Pavone, bolding mine.

40 Days for Life
For nearly two decades, Priests for Life has been among the leading groups in promoting peaceful, prayerful presence in front of abortion mills, and we continue to call the People of God to come to the places where the killing is taking place, so that their presence and their prayers can awaken the consciences of those who go there. Tomorrow, another 40 Days for Life campaign will begin in many cities, where people will gather at abortion mills during the entire Lenten season. When we show up, moms and dads change their minds about killing their children and the conscience of the community is awakened. Indeed, our biggest problem is not that President Obama is sitting in the White House, but that we are sitting in our own houses. Let’s rise up and end abortion.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Catholic and politically conservative, I graduated with a BA in History (concentration in American) and Political Science. I'm between two parishes; one in Wisconsin that is fairly traditional, and one in Illinois that is fairly liberal. I teach CCD. I work in the food service industry, which basically means I'm working in fast food until I find a better job. I'd like to work for the church somehow. Right now I'm working on getting my teaching certification, although I'm unsure thats the correct path for me. This blog is as random as I am. I hope you enjoy.