Monday, September 15, 2008

I Have Renamed the City of Chicago

I was having a conversation with my friends yesterday about the pronunciation of words. And I mentioned that my sister and my brother pronounce Chicago "chi-cah-go" which I thought was weird because nobody else in my family says it that way. They asked how I say Chicago and I said "Chi-caw-go, with awe in it, like awesome... in fact thats what the city should be called, Chicawsome". So now when anyone asks where I'm from I'm going to tell them Chicawesome - and the city is indeed that.

Sears Tower

Chicago Skyline Cropped

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is certainly a beautiful city.

:)

About Me

My photo
Catholic and politically conservative, I graduated with a BA in History (concentration in American) and Political Science. I'm between two parishes; one in Wisconsin that is fairly traditional, and one in Illinois that is fairly liberal. I teach CCD. I work in the food service industry, which basically means I'm working in fast food until I find a better job. I'd like to work for the church somehow. Right now I'm working on getting my teaching certification, although I'm unsure thats the correct path for me. This blog is as random as I am. I hope you enjoy.