Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Books Meme

I forgot that Esther tagged me with this meme over a week ago. Sorry Esther.

Do you remember how you developed a love for reading?

I remember learning the very basics of reading in first grade. I remember reading 'We Can Go' or some such book and being so excited when I got home and could tell my parents about it. My Dad reads a lot of books, and he does so very quickly, I'd like to be able to do that some day.

What are some books you read as a child?

Bernstein Bears, and Goosebumps books. OH oh oh, the Choose Your Own Adventure books, those rocked.

What is your favorite genre?

Most of what I've read on my own lately has been political books. I need to get back in the habit of reading, I've bought a lot of good books about the history of the church that I want to read.

Do you have a favorite novel?

I can't think of one specifically, I have read Heart of Darkness about 3 times, but that was always for school.

Where do you usually read?

Usually at my desk, because I always end up sitting at my desk.

When do you usually read?

Whenever I have time.

Do you usually have more than one book you are reading at a time?

Yes. I'm terrible at finishing books before I start another.

Do you read nonfiction in a different way or place than you read fiction?

Not really.

Do you buy most of the books you read, or borrow them, or check them out of the library?

I buy them. And almost always new. I can't stand marks in my books. Only books for school will I buy used.

Do you keep most of the books you buy?

Yes. I have stacks of books all over the place.

If you have children, what are some of the favorite books you have shared with them?

No kids.

What are you reading now?

Nothing right now, I have class so I have to keep reading for that.

Do you keep a TBR (to be read) list?

I did, but I didn't keep up on it. I need to start a new one and work on keeping up with it.

What’s next?

I have to see how I feel.

What books would you like to reread?

Crime and Punishment. I read it for class, but I feel like I could enjoy it more if I reread it.

Who are your favorite authors?

I don't usually read a lot of things from the same person.

I tag

Athanasius contra mundum when he has time and anyone else who wants to do it.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Catholic and politically conservative, I graduated with a BA in History (concentration in American) and Political Science. I'm between two parishes; one in Wisconsin that is fairly traditional, and one in Illinois that is fairly liberal. I teach CCD. I work in the food service industry, which basically means I'm working in fast food until I find a better job. I'd like to work for the church somehow. Right now I'm working on getting my teaching certification, although I'm unsure thats the correct path for me. This blog is as random as I am. I hope you enjoy.