Monday, March 03, 2008

Politeness

All day long I smile at customers. I am not generally know for my (ahem pardon the pun on my name) Sunny disposition, but I go out of my way to be friendly and smile at people. Most of the time when I'm talking to customers its not a big deal, and a good percentage of the time it is a genuine smile, but even when its not completely I still do it. I'm working a cruddy job, for not much pay, but surprisingly it is very nice when customers reciprocate smiles and are friendly back. I'm always happier when we have a nice customer, and it influences my interactions with other customers.

When the kid at the fast food place is polite to you, be polite back, it makes the world a little bit nicer.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Catholic and politically conservative, I graduated with a BA in History (concentration in American) and Political Science. I'm between two parishes; one in Wisconsin that is fairly traditional, and one in Illinois that is fairly liberal. I teach CCD. I work in the food service industry, which basically means I'm working in fast food until I find a better job. I'd like to work for the church somehow. Right now I'm working on getting my teaching certification, although I'm unsure thats the correct path for me. This blog is as random as I am. I hope you enjoy.