Thursday, December 06, 2007

Ladies Keep A Close Eye on Your Purse

Last week while I was at work on campus I walked away for 3 minutes and someone went through my purse (well really the wallet in the purse) taking my cash and credit card. Because they left the purse and the wallet I didn't realize that my stuff was gone until almost 24 hours later.

Actually if they had left my cash they probably could have had the card for much longer. I think the card and cash was taken between 8 - 9pm last Thursday, and I realized they were gone and cancelled the card about 6pm Friday.

When I phoned in to cancel the card they told me to keep an eye on the purchases online. I have been doing that and yesterday the charges started coming through. Right now its up to about $130, which isn't too bad considering the lady at the bank this morning told me the same thing happened to another customer and $3000 in purchases were racked up. I'm going to have to keep watching the account though for the next week or two. I filled out a form with the bank this morning and after their investigation (to ensure I'm not trying to steal from them) the money will be credited back to me.

In short: don't make a stupid mistake like me - take your belongings with you.

5 comments:

Athanasis Contra Mundum said...

That's too bad. I know a guy who had his card stolen and the thief used it to go to town on the liquor store.
Btw, I tagged you in a meme. You can see it here:
http://50daysafter.blogspot.com/2007/12/adriennes-meme.html

Scott M. Frey said...

wow, epiphany... here all this time I thought you were a guy... don't really know why lol just did..

sorry bout the thievery! why cant people just keep their hands out of other peoples stuff?

catholicandgop said...

Thats what I get for having a name that doesn't tell you clearly. LOL.

Cathy said...

Sorry to hear that, Cath!
:(

Hope it gets resolved relatively painlessly.

Anonymous said...

Oh man... that stinks. Once in a great while I leave my bag w/ my laptop in the classroom if I step out for just a moment.
Maybe I shouldn't. Hmmm...

About Me

My photo
Catholic and politically conservative, I graduated with a BA in History (concentration in American) and Political Science. I'm between two parishes; one in Wisconsin that is fairly traditional, and one in Illinois that is fairly liberal. I teach CCD. I work in the food service industry, which basically means I'm working in fast food until I find a better job. I'd like to work for the church somehow. Right now I'm working on getting my teaching certification, although I'm unsure thats the correct path for me. This blog is as random as I am. I hope you enjoy.