Monday, March 05, 2007

Weird Phone Calls

In the past, oh I'd say 2 weeks, I've been getting lots of wrong numbers. I used to get them only rarely which is understandable for any phone. It started off with a number. I answered it and the woman on the other end wanted to talk to some lady I've never heard of and obviously isn't me. I told her wrong number and she persisted "are you sure so-and-so isn't there?". No, you have the wrong number. I googled the number and came up with some debt service.

Since then, I've been getting calls where the number is withheld. Most of the time I miss the calls because when I'm at home I don't carry my phone around with me. I did pick it up once before because I was in the car. I answered, silence, hello?, silence, hello?, hello is Renee there? You have the wrong number, I'm sorry goodbye. And it was the creepiest man's voice on the other end too.

Honestly I don't remember if Renee was the name the first lady asked me, it might have been, but at the time it didn't seem important because I just thought it was a wrong number. Now with these withhelds I'm trying to remember what they say.

Just about 10 minutes ago I got another withheld call. I said hello twice, no answer so I hung up. I don't know that these withheld's have anything to do with that first call, but I figure its likely. I wish they would just stop calling, its annoying and a little creepy for me. They always call in the day, during the week, otherwise I'd have my Dad answer it. Maybe a man's voice would get them to stop.

2 comments:

FloridaWife said...

One day when I stayed home from work, I got a lot of calls like that, but my Caller ID revealed who they were!!!!! And you know who it was???? It was the newspaper and other telemarketers calling us and just hanging up. What I think they do is they KNOW that we are gone during the day, so they call the house so they can show that they made a phone call to their boss. The day I stayed home, all these calls came in, so I think that's what they do.

Anonymous said...

Floridawife's answer sounds feasible.

That would be cool if your Dad could pick up. A man's voice shouting "who the hell is this!" may help, eh?

About Me

My photo
Catholic and politically conservative, I graduated with a BA in History (concentration in American) and Political Science. I'm between two parishes; one in Wisconsin that is fairly traditional, and one in Illinois that is fairly liberal. I teach CCD. I work in the food service industry, which basically means I'm working in fast food until I find a better job. I'd like to work for the church somehow. Right now I'm working on getting my teaching certification, although I'm unsure thats the correct path for me. This blog is as random as I am. I hope you enjoy.