Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Certification

I've been thinking about teaching. Actually its something that I was sure about before entering college, forgot about while I was there, and am back at now. The problem of course is that I'm not certified. I went on campus today to check out what you have to do to be get cetified and it looks like what they offer there is a 30 - 35 credit hour program. The problem of course is that to get a teaching job I need certification, and to get through this program I will need a job to pay for it.

I've heard that a Catholic school will hire you if you're working on your certification. But finding a school that will hire me is another story all together isn't it?

I love job hunting...

2 comments:

EC Gefroh said...

My sister worked at a Catholic school w/o a certification. Eventually, we got her Masters in Ed. from Fransican U at Stuebenville. The pay is not that great though...

wilson said...

Go for it! You will make a great one!

About Me

My photo
Catholic and politically conservative, I graduated with a BA in History (concentration in American) and Political Science. I'm between two parishes; one in Wisconsin that is fairly traditional, and one in Illinois that is fairly liberal. I teach CCD. I work in the food service industry, which basically means I'm working in fast food until I find a better job. I'd like to work for the church somehow. Right now I'm working on getting my teaching certification, although I'm unsure thats the correct path for me. This blog is as random as I am. I hope you enjoy.