Thursday, November 30, 2006

Patriarchal Divine Liturgy

Well its 3am and I'm still up. On EWTN right now is the Patriarchal Divine Liturgy at the Church of St. George in Istanbul. Its just an amazing church, the pictures from my other post don't capture it as well as TV does, I can't imagine what its like to be there.

I do have to say, I think the Orthodox totally have neater outfits than we do, or at least today. ;)

I do have a question. I'm not sure I understand who Bartholomew I is in charge of. The articles I read say he is the head of the world's 300 million Orthodox. Does that include basically everyone who calls themselves Orthodox like the Greek Orthodox and Russian Orthodox? I haven't really found anyone who has known for sure to tell me. Anyone know?

The bigger question is, now that I'm up so late now, will I be awake for the Pope's trip to Hagia Sophia tomorrow at 9?

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Catholic and politically conservative, I graduated with a BA in History (concentration in American) and Political Science. I'm between two parishes; one in Wisconsin that is fairly traditional, and one in Illinois that is fairly liberal. I teach CCD. I work in the food service industry, which basically means I'm working in fast food until I find a better job. I'd like to work for the church somehow. Right now I'm working on getting my teaching certification, although I'm unsure thats the correct path for me. This blog is as random as I am. I hope you enjoy.