Saturday, November 03, 2007

Pretty New Doll

This new Christmas Store just opened up in Kenosha and today was the big opening day party. So being the good shoppers we are we went to check it out. I was walking around and was impressed at how reasonable the prices were, but when I came to this I just fell in love with it. Its a beautiful doll of Mary holding Baby Jesus. I looked at the price and was impressed at how it was only $21. I picked it up and bought it right there, they had other dolls mostly of girls wearing pretty dresses, but this was the only one like it on display. When I got it home I noticed that it appears to be ceramic or somehting along those lines. I'm just so impressed with it and I thought I can bring it to my CCD class when we start talking about Christmas in a few weeks.



1 comment:

Athanasis Contra Mundum said...

Its certainly more inspiring than the other dolls sold in stores.

About Me

My photo
Catholic and politically conservative, I graduated with a BA in History (concentration in American) and Political Science. I'm between two parishes; one in Wisconsin that is fairly traditional, and one in Illinois that is fairly liberal. I teach CCD. I work in the food service industry, which basically means I'm working in fast food until I find a better job. I'd like to work for the church somehow. Right now I'm working on getting my teaching certification, although I'm unsure thats the correct path for me. This blog is as random as I am. I hope you enjoy.